Join our team as a Commis Chef at Goldie!
Goldie is an award-winning restaurant serving fantastic seafood and more. We buy from local producers and small day boats using a whole catch approach. Our open kitchen stretches the length of our lively downstairs dining room, where we use a Gill to Fin approach, using as much of the fish as possible and changing our menu every day. Our tight-knit kitchen and service team are passionate about offering a unique and excellent dining experience for our guests.
Your average day will include:
- Consistently meeting & aiming to exceed guest expectations.
- Preparation, cooking and serving of menu items as directed by kitchen management.
- Responding quickly to requests from colleagues & managers whilst being accurate & approachable.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Keeping your workspace clean, organised & sanitised throughout your shift.
- Following procedures as laid out by manager and in training.
- Passover to colleague on following shift.
- Recording HACCP.
- Opening and closing the kitchen.
- No experience required but it is an advantage.
- Are self-motivated, yet willing to ask for help when needed.
- Are able to follow procedures, and offer ideas for any improvements.
- Are fully eligible to work in Ireland as per current Irish Immigration Laws.
- Have proficiency in English.
- Are able to work evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and are effective team players
- Pay strong attention to detail.
- Are able to accept constructive feedback.
- Have a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Are able to work in a high pressure environment.
- Able to maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at the contact details listed above or on our social media channels! Apply Now
Apply for this position
While you’re here...
There is no need to apply multiple times. Please apply once to your preferred restaurant and let us know in the message box if you would be open to working in the same position in any of our other restaurants as well!